Updated: Feb 15, 2019
Happy Valentine's Day, friends! Welcome back to another One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop! While I don't specifically have anything Valentine's Day to show you, I do have some super cute projects nonetheless! This weeks hop is all about #simplestamping, which I have talked about before. Simple stamping can really mean many things to any one person, but the main theme is about going back to basics and creating cards with the basic supplies - stamps, ink, and paper.
Having said that, my project today does features use of a couple of punches, plus a few rhinestones. Both of which I would deem easy enough to use for a beginning stamper.
I have admitted this before, but it is hard to go back to basics. As an avid crafter (someone who crafts/stamps a few times a week), I just can't help but add the extra's; whether it be some embellishments, more layers, or embossing. While I did add some layers in todays card, they are basic layers that I believe is easy to recreate at the beginner level.
And I know, I used the Hello Cupcake Stamp Set last week, but I just wouldn't help myself! I just adore this set! I paired it with the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper for a fun look!
I also made this super cute gift card/treat hold, which is so simple to make! It's just a of the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper that is folder a few times! The paper itself us 6" x 6", which is EXACTLY what you need for this so there is absolutely no cutting to make the treat holder itself. It perfectly fits gift cards, tea bags, small chocolates, and more!
I have included a quick video tutorial I did a little while ago on how to make this treat holder below so it's nice and easy for you to access. Perfect timing if you need a last minute Valentine's Day gift (though this is a quick and easy item you can whip up anytime and for any occasion).
Fun Fact: In my previous life I call myself 'The Stampin' Girl' before switching over to my Sweet Paper Studios business name. :)
For today's projects I decide to stick with one main colour (I have been doing that a lot lately!), and this time I went with Pacific Point. I think this works really well with the Balmy Blue Gingham Gala DSP. Everything is stamped in Pacific Point except the tiny bit of cupcake, which is Crumb Cake Ink.
Tips, Tricks, and Reminders:
- Hello Cupcake Stamp Set (#149714). This set is a Sale-a-Bration Stamp Set, which means you can earn it for FREE! During the Sale-a-Bration period from January 3rd - March 31st, you get to pick a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure for every $60 spent in my online store. If you shop with me during Sale-a-Bration (or any time) and use the months Hostess Code below, you earn additional rewards from me.
- Gingham Gala DSP (#148554). There's a brand new suite in the Occasions Catalogue dedicated to butterflies and gingham prints. It is gorgeous! In this case, I used the new Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper in Highland Heather as it offers a really nice contrast to the Gorgeous Grape Cardstock. It comes in a 6x6" paper pack and includes 5 colours including Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist, and Whisper White.
- 2" Circle Punch (#133782). Punches are a fantatsic tool for beginner stampers/crafters. They are easy to use and can add that little extra something to your cards and other projects without the hassle of trying to measure or cut anything specific. I used this punch for the Pacific Point circle cut-out on the gift card holder.
- Classic Label Punch (#141491). This punch is one of my absolute FAVOURITES! I use it quite often and it makes adding small sentiments a breeze. There is no extra cutting or measuring; you are just left with a nice shape for your sentiment.
- Pacific Point Cardstock Base: 8.5" x 5.5", scored at 4-1/4"
- Gingham Gala DSP: 5" x 3-3/4
- Pacific Point Cardstock: 4-1/8" x 2-3/4"
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3.5" x 2-7/8"
- Whisper White Cardstock (for the inside panel): 5" x 3-3/4
Other products used include Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Snail Adhesive.
I do hope you loved todays project! If I inspired you to create your own version, I'd love to see it! Just use the hashtag #sweetpaperstudios when you post it online so I can take a look!
There is a full list of products for today's projects at the end of this blog post.
Need some supplies? Oh, how I would appreciate your business! I am so happy to help you with your creativity -- and when you support my online store it brings more amazing content to you!
You can order from my online store by clicking on the product images at the bottom of this post. Make sure to use February's Hostess Code: J2KVKSEY. If you order is over $200, skip the code and get the Stampin' Rewards from Stampin Up! and also earn Sale-a-Bration Rewards for every $60 you spend in my online store!
Questions about this card or shopping online? Feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for joining me today! Don't forget to share this blog post and subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of this page so you never miss an update!
Also, make sure you keep hoppin' on in the blog hop for some amazing inspiration by clicking on the 'Next' button below to visit the wonderful Dani! The full list of hoppers is also below!
1. Sara Levin
3. Ashley Fifer
6. Martin Stone
7. Candy Ford
8. Tina Riddle
9. Mary Haugen
10. Liz Yuille
11. Kelly Acheson
12. Renee Ondrajka
13. Emma Goddard
14. Rick Adkins
15. Lisa Hardie <--- YOU ARE HERE
16. Dani Dziama
17. Lori Mueller
19. Jeanna Bohanon
See you next soon!
Need a Catalogue? Please allow me to send you one if you don’t already have a demonstrator! Leave me a comment below or contact me!
I appreciate your order! Shop Online Anytime and earn REWARDS!