Welcome, friends! I am so excited to be the newest member of the One Stamp At a Time Blog Hop! I am so honoured to be able to hop with this incredibly talented group of fellow creatives and I am so excited to share my first OSAT project with you!
This blog hop takes place once a month and each month centres around a different theme. This month's theme is to Sale-a-Brate Every Occasion! That means blog hop members will be bringing you some gorgeous cards and projects with new products from the new 2019 Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-Bration Brochure.
I created this card using the new Humming Along Stamp Set and also made a matching bookmark. I am thrilled with how these two project turned out.
Tips, Tricks, and Reminders:
1. Humming Along Stamp Set (#148758). This stamp set is on page 36 in the new 2019 Occasions Catalogue. It does come as a bundle with the coordinating Hummingbird Framelit Dies (Bundle #150621), however, I was lucky enough to receive this stamp set at OnStage so I don't have the dies on hand (yet!), so I did a little fussy cutting around the flower and leaves to cut them out.
2. Watercolour Paper (#122959). This is an essential part of this card! All of the colouring done on this card is watercolour, so it is essential to use watercolour paper. This paper is specifically designed for watercolouring as it is a thicker paper that can absorb more water than regular cardstock without warping.
3. Embossing. The flowers and leaves on the card and bookmark are embossed using the Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#146956). When I do watercolouring I also like to pair it with embossing because once the embossing powder is set with the Heat Tool (#129053), it's an easy way to contain the watercolour. Plus it looks oh so pretty!
4. Aqua Painter (#103954). Most of my watercoloring is done with Aqua Painters and Stampin' Up! ink pads. They are easy to use and come in a pack of two. They also allow for easy blending of various colours.
5. Rectangle Stitched Framelit Dies (#148551). These new dies have quickly become a staple item for me. The watercolour paper layer on this card was die cut with the largest Rectangle Stitched Framelit and adds such beautiful detail to the card. These dies come in a bundle of 13 different sizes and can be bundled with the Amazing Life Stamp Set (Bundle #150624) for which you can save 10% (you also earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item when you purchase this bundle!).
6. Soft Floral Colours. I drew some inspiration for the Hibiscus from a photo I found online, but wanted to soften the colours a bit for the purpose of my card. I really wanted to sentiment to pop on this card and I think my coordinating colours did the trick! For the leaves themselves, I used Garden Green Ink. Note: Peekaboo Peach is a retired colour. I was hoping to use Calypso Coral, but I have misplaced that ink pad at the moment (I'll take this as a hint to clean and organize my craft studio)!