Hi there, crafty friends! It's the first Thursday of the month, so that means it's time for another One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop! I'm so excited about this one because it's all about the end of summer blues! And by no means am I excited about the end of summer, just the projects at hand of course! ;)
I can't believe we're in August already to be honest. That means it's one month until back to school and my youngest starts JK! How it this possible?!
But fear not, these projects will give you warm beach-y vibes and offers up a nice cold drink!
For today's card project I am using a stamp set called Beach Happy. While it is no longer a current Stampin' Up! product (it is from the 2019 Occasions Catalogue), I couldn't help but pull it out because it just screams summer and offers the perfect beach scene.
To go a bit further with the beach-y vibes, I made some cute wine glass charms with various stamp sets and then used them for a fresh batch of Peach Sangria!
In case you're not too sure, wine glass charms are small decorations, much like charms on a bracelet, made to fit around the stems of your wine glasses. They serve several purposes. They can help round out a theme, such as a wedding shower or themed party, and they allows guests to keep up with their glass in case they set it down and walk away. As long as your guest remembers which charm she had, she can easily tell her glass from another.
I've included more photo's below, but here are the instructions on how to make your own Wine Glass Charms! DIY Wine Glass Charms
ShrinkyDink Plastic Sheets (I used pure white ones; not translucent)
Small Tassels, beads, or other small charms
StayzOn Ink Pad
Clear Stamp Block
Stamp Set(s) of your choice (I used Free as A Bird, Floral Essence, So Hoppy Together, A Good Man, Crafting Forever, and Accented Blooms).
1/8" Hole Punch
1. Using your StayzOn Ink, stamp your images on the ShrinkyDink Plastic Sheets. You'll want to ensure you are using medium to large stamps as they do get quite small.
2. Colour in your stamped images using your Stampin' Blends. The black image may bleed a little bit so it is best to wait a few minutes before colouring them in.
3. Fussy cut your images or use you cutting tool, but be sure to leave a spot for you to hole punch so you are able to put your charm on the hoop earring. See photo below.
4. Follow the directions on your ShrinkyDink packaging to turn your images into charms. This process with shrink and harden your images so they are ready to use as charms on your hoop earrings.
5. Once you charms have cooled, you can assemble your wine glass charms by putting your newly created charm and tassel onto your hoop earrings. You may need to bend the ends of the earrings with your pliers and cut off any excess wire with your wire cutters. See photo below. You can also use your pliers to maneuver the tassels or other charm hoops in order to fit through the holes. See photo below.
6.You're now ready to use your wine glass charms!
Now to be sure you're ready to use your Wine Glass Charms, you need a delicious cold beverage to go with it. You can of course just have wine, but why not try some yummy Peach Sangria instead?
If you do try to make this cute little charms and sangria, be sure to share your photos on your social media channels and use the hashtag #sweetpaperstudios so I can see what you've created!
Oh, and don't forget that you can find some of today's products in my online Canadian Online Stampin' Up! shop. You can place your order directly online using the August Hostess Code: XJS3BK6Z. When you order with me you also get a thank you gift from me!
I hope you like today's projects and recipe! Stay tuned for more projects with recipes coming up (next is the best strawberry jam you've ever tasted and completed with some handmade gift tags to help create the perfect gift!). Just be sure to subscribe to my blog and newsletter found at the end of this page so you don't miss any upcoming posts or news!
If you don't already have a Demonstrator and want a copy of the upcoming Holiday Catalogue, be sure to let me know! Contact Me directly or send me an email at email@example.com to request your copy today!
Thanks again for joining me today and I hope to see you again soon. Enjoy the last days of summer! You can click on the 'Next' button to head over to the ever so talented Lori Mueller's page to continue on with the hop!
Blog Hop List:
1. Sara Levin
7. Lisa Hardie <--- YOU ARE HERE
9. Mary Haugen
10. Jeanna Bohanon
11. Melissa Davies
12. Kelly Acheson
13. Ashley Fifer
Need a Catalogue? Please allow me to send you one if you don’t already have a demonstrator! Leave me a comment below or contact me!
I appreciate your order! Shop Online Anytime and earn REWARDS!
JOIN MY TEAM!
Get 20% off all of your purchases when you join my team! I'll personally provide you with one-on-one and group training, resources, and more! Click HERE to learn more.
PLUS, the Holiday Catalogue is coming so you can get early access and pre-order your own products!