Hello friends! It has been a week or two since I've been able to blog on a consistent basis, so I am happy to be back with some more content, including videos! It's been one of those times where I just had to do all of the things and stretched myself too thin before deciding I needed to take a step back for a bit. We've all been there, right? But I am happy to be back joining the Paper Craft Crew for another weekly challenge!
This week brings us another sketch challenge - yay! I have included the sketch below so you can play along too! Just head on over to the Paper Craft Crew website and submit your project!
For this week's challenge I decide to use the Hello Cupcake Stamp Set, which is a current Sale-a-Bration item! This means if you spend $60 in my online Stampin' Up! shop, then you can choose this stamp set for FREE!
This is probably one of the best Sale-a-Bration rewards because you can just do so much with it. It is perfect for that #simpplestamping that we've been seeing so much of lately, but it's also great for those avid and casual crafters too.
For my card, I decide to work with one core colour, which is Gorgeous Grape. I haven't really used this colour much to be honest, and I don't know why! It really is a gorgeous colour!
Tips, Tricks, and Reminders:
- Hello Cupcake Stamp Set (#149714). This set is a Sale-a-Bration Stamp Set, which means you can earn it for FREE! During the Sale-a-Bration period from January 3rd - March 31st, you get to pick a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure for every $60 spent in my online store. If you shop with me during Sale-a-Bration (or any time) and use the months Hostess Code below, you earn additional rewards from me.
Here's a closer look at the set:
- Gingham Gala DSP (#148554). There's a brand new suite in the Occasions Catalogue dedicated to butterflies and gingham prints. It is gorgeous! In this case, I used the new Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper in Highland Heather as it offers a really nice contrast to the Gorgeous Grape Cardstock. It comes in a 6x6" paper pack and includes 5 colours including Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist, and Whisper White.
- Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#144220). These embellishments are always on hand in my craft studio. They always seem to add that little extra something when my cards don't feel quite finished yet. When in doubt, use a rhinestone!
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock Base: 8.5" x 5.5", scored at 4-1/4"
- Whisper White Cardstock: 5-1/4" x 4", embossed using the Subtle Dynamics Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Gingham Gala DSP: 4" x 2-1/4"
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 3-3/4" x 2-3/4"
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3.5" x 2.5"
Other products include the Gorgeous Grape Ink, Momento Black Ink, Tip Top Taupe Ink (use Crumb Cake as an alternative), Layering Circle Framelit Dies, Wink of Stella, and Stampin' Dimensionals.